The Residential Life Done Right.
Greenwood is another gorgeous north Seattle neighborhood, central to the area, bordered by a curtain of quaint and peaceful communities – offering some of the best residential living in town. Emerging from humble and modest beginnings, this community has flourished into a popular hotspot buzzing with young singles and urban couples looking for relaxed in-city living. Booming with coffee houses, restaurants, antique stores, and art galleries, this neighborhood is a regular visiting place for locals near and afar. Plus, easily commute anywhere in the city with plenty of public transportation options including numerous bus lines heading North or South!
- Green Tree: Your classic asian fusion venue. This place boasts a huge menu (that is surprising solid across the board) mainly consisting of Vietnamese dishes but also providing a nice selection of Chinese cuisine along with a variety of vegetarian options.
- Flintcreek Cattle: Specializing in serving premium meats sourced from small-scale farms. Why? Because they are better managed and the livestock is raised properly. So if you are looking for cuts with bold natural flavors served in a refined and bright atmosphere, your search can end here!
- Gorgeous George’s: One of the few proper Mediterranean joints in Seattle serving everything from kafta kabobs to grilled salmon. This mouthwatering family run restaurant is sure to keep you coming back for their delicious food and authentic service!
- Valhalla Sandwiches: Sandwiches fit for vikings! Be warned, this is nothing like subway. We are talking gourmet toasted sandwiches with prime cuts of meat and fish along with amazing sides like cheesy bacon tots. Keep and eye out for the food truck!
- Chef King: Your local got to spot for sit down or take out Chinese food! All the classic dishes done right drenched in what can only be described as soul warming sauces!
- Bahn Town: Another Vietnamese style venue with fresh ingredients and a full three course menu. Enjoy Freshly made in-house Banh Mi, or if looking for something for those winter months, then try their other specialty – piping hot pho!
- Jewel Box Cafe: Dine in this old-school espresso bar anytime you’re looking for a tasty treat at a decent price! Serving delicious crêpes, sandwiches, bubble teas and other brunch items you’d die for! Perfect year-round with a fireplace and a covered patio!
- Cafe Javasti: All items made from scratch daily including a wide array of made-to-order crepes, pastries and other savory items! Don’t forget about their word class coffee to go with that scrumptious bite to eat!
- Pilgrim Coffee: As the name suggests, this coffee is mobile, so you may have to double check where the truck is stationed, but rest assured they will be somewhere in the Licton Springs area and ready to serve!
- Old 5th Avenue Tavern: A dive-bar secret! Not many people know about the lovely service and drinks in this hidden nook on 5th ave, but trust that whoever does happen to walk through those doors remains a diehard regular.
- The Cozy Nut Tavern: Everything you’d expect out of your local neighborhood bar. Good beers, tasty drinks, and friendly company.
- The Maple: A cozy corner pub in a charming little house atop the highest point in north Seattle. They specialize in homey dishes, house-made cocktails, an expertly curated craft beer list, and an inviting ambience that welcomes you back every time.
- Cooper’s Alehouse: Claiming to be Seattle’s original alehouse, enjoy 20 of our 22 rotating taps, a full bar, and great homemade pub food for a guaranteed new experience upon each visit! Watch a game or just grab a drink!
- Teachers Lounge: Great little cocktail bar with fun food in addition. The theme is adorable and brings back nostalgic memories of your younger schooling days (but in a good way and without any homework). Great spot to grab a drink, especially if you’re looking for a change in scenery!
- Licton Springs Park: This is a park worth seeing! A natural and rustic setting is formed by sights and sounds of long grasses waving in the breeze, winding paths through wooded preserves, trickling streams, and small ponds. Renovated in 2016, improvements have just been made to access and the play structures!
- Green Lake: One of Seattle’s most beloved parks surrounding a body of water with a 3 mile paved loop traveling along the exterior. Let loose in the giant green space with with soccer, baseball fields, and even basketball courts, or feel free to take a swim! Plus, make sure to visit the numerous little sub parks in the area!
- Licton Springs P-Patch: What started as a student-driven initiative out of North Seattle College for a community green space ended being a parking lot for over three decades. A few years ago, the College decided to revisit the original plan and has converted this block into lovely garden and grass fields combo.
- Golden Gardens: One of the most robust public parks in Seattle offering sandy beaches backed by manicured green space, and amazing views of the Puget Sound and Olympic Mountains. Always a great place to spend the day!